By Jacqueline Fairbrass, Feeling Absolutely Fabulous LLC
Your rating: None Average: 4.8 (4 votes)
When you are trying to maintain a healthy weight you may want to try brushing! There are two different types of brushing that I am referring to:
1. Brush Your Teeth
A study p90x before and afters published in 2004 in the Journal of the Japan Society for the Study of Obesity announced that http://www.livestrong.com/article/384731-can-you-skip-yoga-on-p90x/ people who brush their teeth after every meal tend to remain slimmer than those who do not brush as often. Japanese researchers discovered this effect when they compared the lifestyle habits of nearly 14,000 people. The average age of these participants was mid-forties. The researchers concluded that tooth brushing is a good health habit that could play a role in preventing obesity. I suggest brushing your teeth at least twice a day, accompanied by daily flossing, to help prevent the build-up of small amounts of food that attract and nourish bacteria. So if bad breath, gingivitis, or cavities are not good enough reason to brush and floss regularly, consider becoming a slimmer you!
2. Dry Brushing
This simple addition to your daily routine may be the easiest thing you ever did to help you lose weight. Before you take your shower in the morning brush yourself all over with a skin brush. It will wake up your circulation, and you may even decide to give up your morning coffee!
The skin is the largest organ in the body and is responsible for one-quarter of the body's detoxification each day. When you brush your skin you help your lymph system to clean itself of the toxins that collect in the lymph glands. You improve the surface circulation on the skin and keep the p90x pores open, encouraging your body to discharge metabolic waste and improve the skin's ability to combat bacteria. In addition, you are helping your skin to look and feel healthy and more resilient!
* Improved digestion
* Decreased cellulite
* Stimulated circulation
* Increased cell renewal
* Cleaner lymphatic system
* Removal of dead skin
* Stronger immune system
How To Skin Brush
1. Purchase a natural bristle brush with a long handle. Synthetic materials may scratch the skin. You need to be able to reach all over the body.
2. Skin brush before showering or bathing once per day on dry skin. Wet skin will not show the same benefits.
3. Always skin brush towards the heart.
4. Begin by brushing the soles of the feet. The nerve endings on the feet affect the whole body. Next brush the ankles, calves, and thighs, then brush across your stomach and buttocks and lastly brush your hands to the arms.
5. Brush in circular counter-clockwise strokes on the abdomen.
6. Brush with lighter strokes over and around breasts and do not brush your nipples.
7. Brush each part of the body in circular strokes, completely brushing the whole body.
8. Take a warm bath or shower, which may be followed by a cool rinse at the end to invigorate blood circulation and stimulate surface warmth.
9. Then moisturize your entire body. I suggest a sweet almond oil self-massage.
Don't forget to wash your brush every few weeks in water and let it dry naturally.
If you would like more information on keeping your skin healthy, to lose weight or to start a personalized wellness Program, please contact me for an appointment email@example.com or 206 201 2764. Appointments by Skype or phone available.
Reprinted with permission by Health Steps, the School of Complementary Therapies Education division of Feeling Absolutely Fabulous LLC Newsletter. Jacqueline Fairbrass is the founder of the School of Complementary Therapies, a leader in the field of CAM (Complementary and Alternative Medicine) education. For more information go to SchoolofCT or Feeling Absolutely Fabulous LLC JacquelineFairbrass, call 206.201.2764 or contact us on-line.